April 29, 2007
Picture me rollin’ down I-70 (one of the best stretches of road in America deep in the heart of Arizona) I’m relaxed, the sunroof is open and Johnny Cash is on the radio…When all the sudden a huge freakin’ dinosaur comes into view!?! What the hell is a dinosaur doing in Arizona!!!
…Maybe I’d simply been in the car too long, this was day four on my road trip across America. Silently I wondered to myself if that hypnotizing dotted line had finally got the best of me. To be honest I didn’t know why I was angry at this large lizard, frankly I didn’t care. All I knew was that it didn’t belong in my timeline and I was going to put him back in the ground.
I remember jerking my car to the side of the road, grabbing my trusty Sog, jumping out of the car and my dad shouting to stand down as I moved swiftly towards my Jurassic foe. The reptile was gnawing on a large carcass just off the road and hadn’t even moved when my car skidded to a stop in the soft gravel on the shoulder. I was down wind and I knew that’d give me an edge. I kept low to the ground and moved as quietly as possible I crept closer and closer towards my destiny.
Suddenly the beast threw its head up and fixed his gazed directly on me. We paused for a moment staring each other down, beast and man both lost in the bloodlust that burned in our eyes. …Then I turned, started running and screamed bloody murder. What the hell had I been thinking!?! This thing was ten times my size!!! Looking over my shoulder I saw the dinosaur in hot pursuit, I tripped and ate gravel. The beast roared and snapped at me but I rolled out of the way just in time.
Quickly gathering myself I resumed my retreat. My dad had already started the car and was waving at me to jump in. I leaped into the front passenger seat and he peeled out as we raced away. Anywayz, I know this is an amazing story, but I have the pictures to prove it! 🙂
April 21, 2007
It’s an outrage that everyone is so anti-Microsoft, yet they love Apple.
Apple is headed up by a man who refused to acknowledge his daughter for years, even after two conclusive DNA tests. Apple execs had to demand he accept his daughter.
He also ripped off his business partner (Jobs ripped off Oz who actually was the brains behind Apple) And he has never publically apologized for that.
Yep, Steve Jobs is known for being a slime ball.
Microsoft on the other hand is headed up by a man who happens to be the biggest philanthropist in history, literally. Yeah, that’s Bill Gates, one of the true great men of our time. People are so stupid. …And yeah, the media is really doing their job “informing” people here.
One of the lowbrow fads in headlines has been Vista bashing ever since Microsoft’s second delivery delay years ago. It’s gross. It makes me puke. …So when I read something positive about Vista, usually tucked away like this one, I blog…
“US sales of computers carrying Microsoft’s new operating system Vista soared in the week after it was launched, defying the expectations of analysts who gave Vista lackluster reviews. Personal computer sales for the week following Vista’s debut to succeed Microsoft’s Windows XP in January were 67 percent higher than those in the same week in 2006, and nearly triple those of the preceding week, according to Current Analysis.” – osnews.com
Most people think Vista was a failure but it’s actually selling better then XP? Yeah, in reality Microsoft is murdering Linux and Apple right now. A Vista machine would run Linux a billion times faster than Vista (actual number may be slightly smaller), yet people are still buying Vista. Why? I’ll tell you why…
The average power user knows more about their PC then most geeks these days. The people who have actually given Vista a chance liked it better and they told their friends. Why? Here are four quick reasons…
- It never crashes (it rarely crashes… it has crashed three times on me so far in six months).
- It requires less maintenance. Things like automatic backups, protection from viruses, spam, you-name-it is built-in. …It’s not free, you have pay $50 a year for Microsoft OneCare (which is much cheaper than buying your own software from MacAfee, etc. But if you do that you never have to think about those things again. Well, so far I haven’t….
- It looks sexy…
- It has a more consistent interface, by that I mean the button/bar/icon/text layouts, etc. are located and operate more consistently. This allows you to more quickly anticipate the next required cursor location and reaction more instinctually with buttons. It also takes advantage of the latest hardware because it runs DirectX…
- DirectX is nice folks. It’s the graphics engine in the Xbox 360 and it’s on Vista. If you want to game you should buy Vista. It supports all the latest hardware. (read the next bullet)
- Modern hardware has new faster drivers written specifically for Vista that are faster than their XP/Linux equivalent (because drivers that are optimized for Vista use newer faster instructions, and because Vista has more nifty APIs).
….Ok, I should just stop now. Honestly, I’m still reading about new features. Well, actually I have to share just one more…
- Vista has this thing called a HyperKernel. They call it a Modified Microkernel, but everyone else calls it a HyperKernel. …Anywayz, it’s cool. It has this thing called a Kernel Transaction Manager that gives applications the ability to work with the file system and registry using atomic transaction operations, it also has user space APIs supporting different OS environments. Here’s a picture of it…
See how well Linux apps and Apple apps will fit in there? Yeah, Microsoft kicks ass. …”Wait!” you say, “Linux will never allow that to happen!?!” …lol, Novell is Microsoft’s new friend. They’re going to release a version of Linux that drops right into Vista. Apple will be pressured to follow suit. If anyone tries to back out hackers from Russia will do this for pennies on the dollar. 😉 It’s true.